Certified: SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon
We offer a wide amount of cleaning services to our Reston/Herndon residents. We take pride in ourselves on being the go-to company for your restoration needs.
SERVPRO Cleaning Services
- Air Ducts & HVAC
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Ceilings, Walls and Floors
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Post Construction
You name it SERVPRO provides the service for you “Like it never even happened.”
Trust us when we say that we care about the commitment and security of your employees, customers and community.
We serve Reston/Herndon and the surrounding cities. Hiring a professional service means you are getting experience, expertise and professional cleaning tools that can clean your space to the highest standard. It might catch you off guard on the number of different services we offer
Do You Know How To Put A Grease Fire Out...?
Grease fires happen when oil, grease or fat get hot enough to ignite. Grease fires can be extremely dangerous because grease is a liquid that can easily spread. If you suspect the fire is larger than you can handle contact 9-1-1.
NEVER THROW WATER ONTO A GREASE FIRE THIS CAN CAUSE THE FIRE TO WORSEN.
Steps to take if this happens to you:
- Turn off the Stove – If you’re cooking and a pot catches fire, the first step is to remove the heat source. Turn off the burner or oven. (If your grease fire is in the oven, leave the door closed.) A fire can reignite if it’s not smothered.
- Cover with a Lid – Using a metal pan lid or baking sheet can be another to way to cut off oxygen to a grease fire. Do not use any type of Kitchen fabric the material may catch fire.ALWAYS avoid using glass or ceramic pan lids these materials can shatter.
- Products to use –Baking soda or salt can help to extinguish the fire; however this would require smothering the fire with salt or baking soda to fully extinguish the fire. Sometimes it’s easier and more effective to quickly find a lid & cover the fire. *DO NOT USE FLOUR OR BAKING POWDER as these products are highly combustible and can explode.*
- It is always recommended to have a fire extinguisher close by.
Do You Know How To Respond To A House Fire?
It’s that time of year again.
A fire can start from any number of sources: a faulty wire, an overloaded outlet, a kitchen accident, or a bonfire left unattended. If your home catches fire it’s important to know how to respond quickly and effectively.
If a Fire Starts, Here Is What You Need To Know:
The first line of defense against a fire is to know how to safely use the right fire extinguisher for a house fire. This simple step can save lives and tens of thousands in property damages. If the fire loses control, immediately get out and stay out, then call 9-1-1. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
If your clothing catches on fire, remember the old phrase: Stop, Drop, and Roll.
If you live in a building with elevators, it is important to use the stairs in case of a fire. A fire can short out the elevator electrical system, and the shaft can act like a chimney and rapidly fill up with dangerous smoke.
Understanding how to use doors to your advantage during a fire can mean the difference between life and death. If the door or handle is warm, do not open it. If you can't escape through the primary way, find another way out. Do not open any doors that are warm to the touch.
If some, heat, or flames block your exits, close any doors around you, place a wet towel under the doors and call the fire department or 9-1-1. Tell them exactly where you are so they know where to find you.
If you're near a window that you can't use as an escape, open it and wave a brightly colored cloth or use your phone flashlight to signal for help.
What To Do After a Fire:
After a fire, it is important to contact a professional fire damage restoration company like SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon. We have the training, experience, and equipment to properly restore your home - "Like it never even happened."
If you try to clean up the fire damage yourself, you could end up making the situation worse both in your home and with your insurance company's process.
Call us today! (703)471-6040
We Are Always Here To Help!
Many different biohazard situations can occur in a home. Sewage backing up into a home is the most common biohazard problem. However, there are some less frequent problems that may require special attention.
- Human blood & blood products – Items that have been affected by blood & other bodily fluids.
- Animal Waste – Animal carcasses and body parts, or any bedding material used by animals that are known to be affected with pathogenic organisms.
- Crime scene cleanup, including decontamination.
- Suicide, homicide and accidental death cleanup and decontamination.
- Emergency vehicle, facility and equipment cleanup
- Prison cell clean up
- Infectious disease, viral and microbial site decontamination.
Why Hire SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon?
- 24 – Hour Emergency
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Keep your employees, or loved ones safe from any dangerous chemicals, infectious disease and blood borne pathogens.
- Local and state regulations govern biohazard cleanup and disposal. In most cases, require certified professionals to complete the remediation.
- Minimize the risk of mental stress and trauma to friends, family, employees.
- Save time and energy.
- Restore your property “Like it never even happened."
The safest way to restore your business or home to its pre-existing state is to hire a team that specializes in the cleaning and restoration procedures you need.
Common Causes of Water Damage...
SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon has the experience, expertise and proper training to restore your home or business quickly and properly. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our Technicians will monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to “Like it never even happened."
Water Damage can be a costly and devastating event. We have often found that careful routine maintenance can lower the risks and costs of water damage restoration. The restoration process can be stress, but by following some simple home maintenance tips, you can prevent flooding from structural issues.
If you or someone you know needs restoration services; Save our number for the future or call today for a rapid response (703))471-6040.
1) Assess your water heater
Water heater issues are common when it comes to our emergency calls in Reston/Herndon. With regular routine maintenance, you can prevent this from happening. Make sure the water heater’s thermostat is regulating the temperature properly to prevent any pressure buildup.
Tip: If you notice an odd taste or odor in the water from your water heater, it may have rust or sediment buildup inside. Also, if your water starts to make strange noises it may require you needing an inspection or replacement.
2) Appliance hoses and connectors
Always check for cracks, kinks, unraveling, wear, or corrosion on hoses & connectors. If you find any damage to these replace them immediately. DO NOT WAIT! Most manufacturers and plumbers also recommend replacing water hoses/connectors every 3-5 years.
3) Replace old caulking in your windows and doors
Caulking your windows can not only stop water leaks, but also help to keep out drafts. It is a simple process that you can do yourself. Most window caulks should last about five years, but you should always inspect your caulking at least every six months to a year; and replace it if you notice any cracks developing.
Tip: You should also check your exterior door flashings for holes or rust that can allow water entry.
Lightning Safety Tips…
Even though your home is a safe shelter during a lightning storm, you may still be at risk.
Here are some indoor safety tips per CDC:
- Avoid Water –Do not bathe, shower or wash dishes. Lightning can travel through a building’s plumbing.
- Avoid Electronic Equipment –Do not use your computers, laptops, game systems, washers, dryers, stoves or anything connected to an electrical outlet. Lightning can travel through electrical systems, and any metal wires or bars in concrete walls or flooring.
- Avoid Corded Phones – Corded phones are not safe to use during a thunderstorm. However, it is safe to use cordless or cellular phones during a storm.
- Avoid windows, doors, porches and concrete –Do not lie on concrete floors during a thunderstorm or lean on concrete walls. As mentioned lightening can travel through any metal wires or bars.
If you have experienced any damages interior or exterior give us a call we are always here to help 703-471-6040!
What Is A Dehumidifier...? Do You Know...?
A dehumidifier is specialty equipment that lowers and retains the intensity of humidity in the air, generally for health or convenience purposes. SERVPRO uses dehumidifiers to quickly dry a wet structure. Our high quality equipment can minimize stinky odors and reduce the possibility of microbial growth by removing moisture from the atmosphere.
Dehumidifier’s Will Stop Mold Growth?
If you have a mold issue in your commercial or home, don’t delay. Mold will grow as soon as it has a supply of water. When a room’s relative humidity rises, the mold will begin to show dark black spots on walls, fabrics, and much more. It is very common for rooms that do not have quality ventilation to have mold issues. Common places for mold to develop are inside an attic, crawl spaces, and in the bathroom.
Placing a dehumidifier in the common places will help stop the growth of mold. Make sure that you work on finding the cause of the growth. The source of the moisture should not be neglected; neglecting may cause mold growth to occur in the future.
How Long Do You Need To Place A Dehumidifier On-Site Due To Water Damage?
It’s difficult to tell how long water damage equipment will remain in your commercial or home. The time can vary based on the level of water damage, the region’s extend, and the kind of dehumidifier.
Here at SERVPRO, our goal is to have your property dry within three to five days. The dry time can vary on the size of the water loss, the category, and the number of contents in the property. In some cases, we have had to leave dehumidifier’s on-site for prolonged periods due to microbial growth.
When it comes to any restoration job, it is important to get in touch with SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon. We will provide the appropriate specialists to help find a prompt solution. Our restoration experts perform standard procedures taught by the IICRC.
Heavy Rain Leads to Flooding...
Heavy Rain Leads to Flooding…
Our team here in Reston/Herndon restores storm damage throughout the year.
Although, we don’t experience many Tornadoes in our county here are the National Weather Service alert definitions for tornadoes and high winds:
Tornado Watch: This means a tornado is possible.
Tornado Warning: This means a tornado is already occurring or will occur soon.
Go to a safe place immediately.
High Wind Watch: Be Prepared! Sustained, strong winds are possible. Secure loose items and adjust plans as necessary, so you’re not caught outside.
Wind Advisory: Take Action! A thunderstorm is happening or is imminent in the warning area. Severe thunderstorms have wind gusts of 58 miles per hour and or hail one inch or larger. Seek shelter inside a sturdy building.
Preparing for High Winds
- Remove any dead trees or overhanging branches near structures
- Remove loose objects outdoors, on patios, roofs, or balconies that could blow away.
- Shutter windows securely and brace outside doors
- Bring in unsecured objects from outside and secure things that could blow away and cause damage or injury
Give us a call!
When your home or commercial business has storm damage, you can trust our local team here in Reston/Herndon to restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 703-471-6040.
How to locate your home water shut off valve..
Do you know where the shutoff is located and could you locate it in the case of an emergency? If not, that’s okay. Many people do not know where to locate their water and gas shut offs.
If the leak is from a sink or a toilet, it is easy to turn off the water for that line by turning the valve that is located beneath or beside the fixture.
Typically, these shut offs lie on the exterior of the home around the perimeter of the building. Once you have found the shut off, make sure that all members of your household know where it is. The quicker you are able to turn off the water, the less damage is caused.
What if you're not sure where the leak is coming from? It could be a pipe behind your wall, under your home, or somewhere that is hard to locate. In this case, you should turn off the water to the whole house. This means locating the water main shutoff.
Next steps? Call SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon
If you experience water damage in your home, whether from a busted pipe, leaky roof, or natural occurrence, call SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon at 703-471-6040.
We are here to help 24/7.
Common Causes of Water Damage...
Water damage is a common problem that many homeowners in Reston/Herndon face each year. These problems can cause thousands of dollars in damages, and even force the family out of the house temporarily. The worst thing about water damage is that it can happen at ANY time.
When water creeps into areas of your property where it shouldn’t be, your floor could warp. Water damage also discolors walls and ceilings. Moisture can cause microbial growth if the damages are not immediately addressed.
List of Common Causes:
- Severe Weather (Thunderstorms)
- Clogged gutters
- Leaking / Burst pipes
- Washing Machine / Water Supply Line
- Blocked drains
- Water Heater
- Toilet leaks
If you discover water damage inside your home, call SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon our highly trained and certified professionals are here to handle any disaster you find yourself in (703)471-6040.