Top 10 Questions To Ask When Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company
There are a lot of carpet cleaning companies out there. How do you choose? Here are ten questions to ask to ensure you only use the best!
- Are your cleaning technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC)? The IICRC is an independent body that certifies people in carpet cleaning. For a technician to be IICRC certified, he or she must go through extensive hands-on training and have passed a comprehensive test. If a carpet cleaning service doesn’t require their technicians to be IICRC certified, consider looking elsewhere.
- How long have you been in business? How long a company has been in business can speak volumes about their quality. There are many carpet cleaning companies that open and close their doors each year. The best ones tend to stand the test of time!
- Do you offer “Green” Cleaning? If you have young children in the home or have any household members with sensitive skin or allergies then this could be an important option for you.
- How is your pricing structured? Many carpet cleaning companies utilize a “bait and switch” technique. They will quote a very low price up front, but then once they secure the job they will add on extras for things like “trip charge”, “gas surcharge”, “stain removal”, “furniture blocking”, etc. When all is said and done, the initial price can triple or quadruple!
- Do you charge extra for stain removal? This is important to know upfront so you don’t get surprised by extras after the service is performed. A good carpet cleaner will include the price for stain removal in their base price.
- Do you use a truck mounted cleaning system? A truck mounted cleaning system is critical to effectively clean your carpets. It allows for better extraction of dirt and grime and the proper application of any cleaning agents.
- Is your company insured against accidental damage? This is important to ensure you are protected in case anything gets damaged during the cleaning.
- Do you move Furniture? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge high fees for moving furniture. Typically, this should be included in the original price unless a room is literally filled wall to wall with furniture!
- What do you charge extra for? Again, avoid surprises and make sure the quoted price reflects what is actually charged.
- Do you charge by room or by square foot? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge by room but in reality, square footage is a much more accurate method to determine pricing. If you think about it, it shouldn’t cost more to clean three small bedrooms versus one large family room if the square footage is comparable!
At SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon, each of our technicians are certified in cleaning by the IICRC. We have been in business for over 9 years and are proud of our upfront pricing model that includes ALL stain removal.
Please give us a call with any questions at 703-471-6040. We are happy to help even if you don’t end up using our services!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Table tent signs describing the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program on top of a wooden table.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon today at (703) 471-6040 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How to slow the spread of germs in your home
The kitchen sink is one of the dirtiest places in your home. Make sure to properly clean and sanitize it after use.
Did you know that with the right temperature and nutrients some certain types of bacteria can divide every 20 minutes? That is a lot of potential germs lurking in your home. There is no possible way to completely rid your home of germs and bacteria, but with the right knowledge, you can keep them from spreading.
Before you can get rid of household germs you must know where to find them. You might automatically assume that the bathroom is the best place to start, but you would be wrong. In fact, the kitchen is usually the most contaminated room in the home. According to the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) “areas where food is stored or prepared had more bacteria and fecal contamination than other places in the home.” When cleaning your kitchen be sure to always clean the kitchen sink, countertops, the refrigerator, cutting boards, the coffee maker, and drawer handles. Use disinfectant wipes to clean these surfaces. Other good practices include heating damp sponges in the microwave for a minute to kill bacteria and washing your hands before and after handling food.
Some other great places to clean throughout the entire house include:
- Wallets and phones
- Laundry (put in the dryer right after it is finished washing to stop germs from spreading)
- Remote controls
The best practices to keep things clean are to use disinfecting wipes and bleach and water to clean items. It is also very helpful to use hand sanitizer on your hands and wash your hands as much as possible.