What Is A Dehumidifier...? Do You Know...?
A dehumidifier is specialty equipment that lowers and retains the intensity of humidity in the air, generally for health or convenience purposes. SERVPRO uses dehumidifiers to quickly dry a wet structure. Our high quality equipment can minimize stinky odors and reduce the possibility of microbial growth by removing moisture from the atmosphere.
Dehumidifier’s Will Stop Mold Growth?
If you have a mold issue in your commercial or home, don’t delay. Mold will grow as soon as it has a supply of water. When a room’s relative humidity rises, the mold will begin to show dark black spots on walls, fabrics, and much more. It is very common for rooms that do not have quality ventilation to have mold issues. Common places for mold to develop are inside an attic, crawl spaces, and in the bathroom.
Placing a dehumidifier in the common places will help stop the growth of mold. Make sure that you work on finding the cause of the growth. The source of the moisture should not be neglected; neglecting may cause mold growth to occur in the future.
How Long Do You Need To Place A Dehumidifier On-Site Due To Water Damage?
It’s difficult to tell how long water damage equipment will remain in your commercial or home. The time can vary based on the level of water damage, the region’s extend, and the kind of dehumidifier.
Here at SERVPRO, our goal is to have your property dry within three to five days. The dry time can vary on the size of the water loss, the category, and the number of contents in the property. In some cases, we have had to leave dehumidifier’s on-site for prolonged periods due to microbial growth.
When it comes to any restoration job, it is important to get in touch with SERVPRO of Reston/Herndon. We will provide the appropriate specialists to help find a prompt solution. Our restoration experts perform standard procedures taught by the IICRC.