Tips for Homeowners: Protecting Your Reston / Herndon Home from Storm Damage
Did you know: Fall is the second most severe weather season?
Are you prepared to protect your home from storm damage?
No clue? No worries! Check out our heroes' tips for preventing storm damage to your Virginia home.
Take these precautions to prevent structural damage outside of your home and water damage inside of your home:
- Pay close attention to any trees that could fall on your house during a storm. Keep your trees trimmed regularly, and immediately remove all dead, diseased, and hanging branches.
- Lock, seal, and board your windows.
- Store your outside belongings- plants, furniture, bikes, etc. in your garage or another storage space inside your home. Remove or secure anything that can become a projectile during heavy wind storms.
- Secure your gutters and downspouts and fix any defects. Neglected leaks can cause significant and costly flooding and water damage to your home.
- Prepare for potential evacuation. Pack your essentials and store them in an easily accessible location in your home.
Unfortunately, no matter how much you prepare, severe storms may yield consequences beyond your control. On the bright side, however, our heroes are here to help with your fire and water cleanup and restoration needs 365 days a year, 24 hours a day! If you fall victim to storm damage, contact SERVPRO of Springfield / Mt. Vernon for your storm cleanup needs.