Faster to your Reston/ Herndon Water Clean up
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 703-471-6040
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon
SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Reston/ Herndon Fire, Smoke and Soot Clean up
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 703-471-6040
Does Your Reston or Herndon Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 703-471-6040
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO ofReston/ Herndon for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon specializes in mold cleanup and restoration; in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
What to do About Frozen Water Pipes
What to Do About Frozen Water Pipes
By T.D. Powell, Business Development Manager
The damage caused by frozen water pipes and the subsequent leaks that may be caused can be catastrophic. The water damages themselves can cost tens of thousands of dollars to repair. Filing a claim with your homeowner’s insurance carrier can lead to higher deductibles and premiums, or cancellation of the insurance itself. Untreated, the water damage can become water rot, or mold which can be hazardous to your family’s health.
The fact is that the frozen pipe generally blocks the flow of water through the pipe. The growth of the ice blocks and splits the pipe itself. Once thawed the leak occurs. Obviously, when this happens, call SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon or SERVPRO of Springfield/ Mt. Vernon for fast response, water cleanup, drying, and treatment to inhibit possible mold development.
I have listed suggestions to minimize the chance of a frozen pipe and water leak in the first place.
-Identify areas where pipes may be located on outside walls, ceilings, crawl spaces, etc. Seal gaps around the home where cold air penetration may come in contact with piping.
-Locate the main shutoff valve as well as individual shutoffs for outside hose bibs. Allow hose bibs to remain on slightly and drain after the inside has been shut off.
-Open kitchen and bath vanity doors to allow ambient warm air to circulate especially to cabinets on outside walls that may have pipes running through them.
- DO NOT attempt to thaw pipes with electric heaters, hair dryers, or open flames. Warm air circulation, time and patience will allow the pipe to thaw gradually. You can contact a plumber, although most reputable companies will tell you it is time consuming and expensive for the technician to thaw your pipes.
SERVPRO Announces New Owner of Reston Herndon Franchise
Owners and Staff of SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon.
Business Development Manager
SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon Changes Ownership
Local Franchise of top restoration and cleaning Brand under new management
Reston, VA, September 10, 2015– SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is proud to announce the new owner(s) of SERVPROÒ of Reston/ Herndon. VASK Enterprises, Inc. took ownership of SERVPROÒ of Reston/ Herndon on September 10, 2015. Currently, VASK Enterprises, Inc. operates SERVPROÒof Springfield/ Mt. Vernon. VASK Enterprises, Inc. owners Victor and Kathleen Smith have operated the Springfield/ Mt. Vernon franchise for five years. The Smith family is excited to expand the SERVPRO® Brand, a leader in the restoration industry, across the Reston and Herndon area.
SERVPRO of Reston/ Herndon was originally opened in 2005 and has served the area for the last 10 years.
“I look forward to providing the highest level of service to our customers, and continue to serve this community,” said Victor Smith. I also want to thank the previous owners for their dedicated service to local SERVPRO® customers over the past ten years.”
SERVPRO® is a leader in commercial and residential cleaning and restoration services. From residential fire smoke and water damage restoration, to large commercial disaster response, SERVPRO® is the approved national vendor for most leading insurance companies including State Farm, Allstate and more. SERVPRO® is also proud to be the national sponsor of the American Red Cross’ Ready Rating Program. The Ready Rating Program, coupled with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Program, provides residents and business owners the tools to assess their readiness, and take preparedness steps before a disaster strikes.
For more information on the services offered by SERVPRO® of Reston/ Herndon, contact Victor and Kathleen Smith at 703-644-0620 or vsmith@SERVPRO9856.com. You can also find SERVPRO® of Reston/ Herndon online at SERVPROofrestonherndon.com.